Indeed. The past week saw the Rakudo Compiler Release 2017.04 have several point updates. Zoffix Znet explains it all in The Failure Point of a Release. The good news: if you’re waiting for a Rakudo Star Release of 2017.04, a release candidate is now available for testing. So please do!
The Perl Conference – US
The preliminary schedule for the
Perl Conference - US on 19-21 June (formerly known as YAPC::NA) is now available. Please note that Damian Conway will be giving some interesting Perl 6 related tutorials!
- Stefan Seifert fixed an issue with a packaged
Inline::Perl5trying to access a
FETCHmethod. A problem with the
NativeCalllibrary name resolution was also fixed. He also made dependency resolution no longer depend on filesystem timestamps.
- Zoffix Znet continued his work on the
IO Grantapart from teaching his bots new tricks.
- TimToady made user
grammars work more like
classes, specifically with regards to
- dogbert17 found the source of a problem with the
HARNESS_TYPE=6spectesting, which Timo Paulssen then fixed.
- And some other smaller fixes and optimizations, apart from the ones that Zoffix Znet already mentioned.
Wow, what a nice bunch of blog posts!
- Perl 6 Performance and Reliability Engineering: Grant Report by Jonathan Worthington.
- The 24 Puzzle, in Perl 6, using Channels and Promises by brian d foy.
- Soft call operator: ~> (thoughts) by KES.
- Perl 6 IO TPF Grant: Monthly Report (April, 2017) by Zoffix Znet.
- Dealing With Fallout by Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer.
- You can call me Whatever you like by Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer.
- The root of all eval by Carl Mäsak.
- Massively reducing MoarVM Fixed Size Allocator contention by Jonathan Worthington.
- Camelia Wants YOU to Add License Tags to Your Module! by Samantha McVey.
- Project Euler #01: Multiples of 3 and 5 by derrickcope.
- As many digits as you like by brian d foy.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Readable regexes by Zoffix Znet.
- German Perl Workshop (26-28 June) by Moritz Lenz.
- New Linux packages by Zoffix Znet.
- Link to some ecosystem module? by Zoffix Znet.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- Passing pointer to pointer in Perl 6 Nativecall by Curt Tilmes.
- Passing an array of structures to a Perl 6 Nativecall function by Curt Tilmes.
- How do I just create a parse tree with Perl 6 grammar? by blippy.
- How do I write a Perl 6 macro to enquote text? by blippy.
- How to return the values in a junction as an array? by hwding.
- MinG by Ian Tayler.
- TagLibC by eater.
- Config by Patrick Spek.
- PostCocoon::Url by eater.
- Config::Parser::yaml by Patrick Spek.
Yours truly missed most of the excitement the past week on account of being on the road a lot. In a way, I’m glad I did. On the other hand, feels like I should have been around. Ah well, you can’t have it all. But if you want more, please check in again next week for more Perl 6 news!