Last Wednesday, Zoffix Znet gave very nice presentation titled “Wow, Perl 6!” for the Toronto Perl Mongers. The video and associated blog post were then mentioned on Hacker News, made it to the top 5 and on the fly created quite a discussion! It’s great to see Perl 6 getting more attention like that!
- ab6tract and TimToady fixed an over-zealous warning involving
- Jonathan Worthington did several fixes in the
utf8-c8encoding and fixed a segfault found in some newbie code.
- 0racle implemented the (already documented)
.firstand wrote the associated tests.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen re-implemented magic inc/dec making it 3.5x faster on simple inc/dec, more maintainable and applicable in the core.
- Lumberjack by Jonathan Stowe
- Lumberjack::Dispatcher::Syslog by Jonathan Stowe
- Algorithm::Manacher by titsuki
- Text::Template by Nadim Khemir
- wig (where is grep) by 0racle
- Time::Crontab by Martin Barth
- JSON::WebToken by James Albert
- Term::Form by kuerbis
- Geo::Coder::OpenCage by Tadeusz Sośnierz
- Task::Galaxy by Steve Mynott
- Text::Cesar by Emeric54
Since I’m not going to have much time the coming 2 days, I thought I’d come out with an early Perl 6 Weekly this time for a change.