Zoffix Znet and his robobuddies released yet another Rakudo Compiler Release: 2016.10. Steve Mynott took it upon himself to create yet another Rakudo Star release (candidate for now) from this compiler release. Please test this release candidate!
A rather quiet week just before the release. The items marked * did not make it in this month’s release, so will be found in next month’s release.
- Jonathan Worthington continued his work on the Unicode
decodingre-factor, now allowing for
Proc::Asyncto choose the encodings of the input and output handles. He also fixed a problem with a too eager optimization of
- Zoffix Znet, among many other things, fixed a number of
- Tobias Leich fixed a problem with
.rollon MoarVM with values larger than
2**32, which turned out to be a problem in the underlying libtommath, which got fixed upstream*.
- Hangman by Ken Youens-Clark.
- Perl6::Parser available for Perl 6 by Jeffrey Goff (Reddit comments).
- Update On Rakudo-js by Paweł Murias.
- Change My View – Perl is a terrible programming language and should never be used for any program longer than a dozen lines when Python is an option by Sohcahtoa82.
- YAPC::EU Recap by Sweth Chandramouli.
Quite a nice crop this week!
- Perl6::Parser by Jeffrey Goff.
- Unicode::GCB by cygx.
- Log::Async by Brian Duggan.
- CompUnit::DynamicLib by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- Concurrent::Channellify by Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer.
Brought to you from OSCON Europe in London, UK. See you again next week!