TimToady has been working on providing a more stable API for handling sub languages, aka
slangs, such as
Slang::Piersing (allowing identifier names such as
$bar!) and Slang::Tuxic (uncuddle parens open from sub/method name when calling them). This is all part of work making parsing of grammars faster, which so far has been able to get a few seconds off of building the setting. It is also making it possible to implement new grammar related features in the future. And it should help keeping people, wanting to work on this piece of the Rakudo internals, sane.
Rakudo 2017.02 Compiler Release
Zoffix Znet and his trusty bots have done it again: this month’s Rakudo Compiler release, aka
Rakudo 2017.02 is out now!
- Notes on Unicode on the command line in Windows with applications to Perl and Perl 6 by A. Sinan Unur.
- Register Allocator Update by Bart Wiegmans.
- VIM as a Perl 6 editor (updated) by Claudio Ramirez.
- A File and Directory Usage Graph by Moritz Lenz.
- Rakudo.js update – we passed a first roast test by Paweł Murias.
Other Core Developments
- Jonathan Worthington fixed a bug in
Supplier::Preservingwhich would occasionally mix up the order of the emitted values. He also fixed a bug when using a grammar from several different threads.
- Zoffix Znet made sure that
flat()will pass on the
is-lazyvalue of an
Iterableif that is flattened.
- Nick Logan and Stefan Seifert solved several issues regarding installing and loading of identically named modules, but with different
auth/verand/or being from different distributions.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- Convert Match object to JSON-serializable Hash by NobodyInPerson.
- Grammar action class method seems not inherited, named capture seems not made by lisprogtor.
- Is there research on performance penalties for types/constraints in Perl 6? by DVK.
- How to get the count of no. of keys in a perl 6 %HASH? by Useless Person.
- How to skip unrelated lines when using Perl 6 Grammar to parse structurized text? by ohmycloudy.
- Need help to understand more about proto regex/token/rule by lisprogtor.
Meanwhile on Twitter
The perl6org Twitter newsfeed now has more than 200 followers. Tweets not otherwise mentioned in the Perl 6 Weekly are:
Still a little jetlagged. Hope yours truly did not make too many mistakes in this episode of the Perl 6 Weekly Saga! Be sure to tune in next week, when yours truly hopes to have returned to her normal level of sanity.