Zoffix Znet has started working on the IO Standardization Grant for real. And his first grant report brings us many goodies apart from what he’s been up to so far. Worth a read! He also put up a more visible message to warn us of the coming changes.
Other Core developments
- Jonathan Worthington fixed several segfaults and panics.
- Zoffix Znet fixed several infiniloops related to methods in the
Coolclass. He also fixed an issue with thunking of
notandthen, as well as a precision loss when using
Ints, and fixed some issues with
- Daniel Green did a lot of smaller optimizations in
nqp, related to
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made
%about 8x faster, and
%%about 14x faster, at least for the
Int/Intcase. She also made the creation of
Junctions about 20% faster, and fixed self-referential assignments of hashes.
- And many more smaller fixes and optimizations.
- Functional Refactorings for Directory Visualization Code by Moritz Lenz.
- SparrowHub – Repository of useful scripts by Alexey Melezhik.
- Testing JSON grammars by brian d foy.
- Your own template engine in 4 flavors. With Benchmarks! by Pawel bbkr Pabian.
- Perl should have *undefined* behavior! by hzhou321.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Some fun with the sequence operator by Zoffix Znet.
- So close… by Curtis “Ovid” Poe.
- Perl 6 One Liners by brian d foy.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- DB::Rscs by Brad Clawsie.
- JSON::JWT by Andrew Egeler.
- M – the 1-character Map: non-nodal, non-autothreading .map(*.some-method) by Zoffix Znet.
- Punnable by SmokeMachine
A little bit later than usual, due to a visit to the AmsterdamX.pm meeting. Please check again next week for more news about Perl 6!