So, one day you start writing the Perl 6 Weekly. And before you know it, you’ve done a 100 of them. Which was last week. Yours truly hopes to be writing many more of these. Well, as long as you readers let me 🙂
Yes, the famous Perl 6 Introduction website now also has an Italian version: Perl 6 Introduizone. Of course, if Italian is not your thing, you might want to try: Bulgarian, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese or Spanish!
- The 3 most important things missing from Perl 6? by Gábor Szabó.
- Perl 6 Data::Dump::Tree version 1.5 by Nadim Khemir.
- Continuous Integration for Perl 6 modules by Gábor Szabó (Reddit comments).
- What I expect from a Web Framework by Thomas Klausner (blogs.perl.org comments).
Bailador, tests and docker by Martin Barth.
CSVin Rakudo Perl 6 has become a lot faster over time by H. Merijn Brand (Reddit comments).
- Help building
MoarVMSpecializer Improvements Part 1 – Gathering Data by Jonathan Worthington.
- Unicode Grant Update #3 by Samantha McVey.
- shinit – an init and service manager in Rakudo Perl 6 by the-eater.
- Grant Proposal – Complete
YAML::PPby Tina Müller.
- Most of the visible developments this week came from all of the work that Jonathan Worthington has done revamping a lot of MoarVM internals, which he describes in his most recent blog post. Apart from that, he also fixed some race conditions in the implementation of
- Nick Logan improved
Versionsmartmatch with uneven lengths.
- Stefan Seifert optimised
NativeCallquite a bit.
- And many other smaller fixes and improvements.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Structure of positional slices by Zoffix Znet.
- Moments like these by Zoffix Znet.
- Appveyor testing on Windows by PerlWeekly.
- Second hand Fundamentals by Zoffix Znet.
- Even Moar JIT by Zoffix Znet.
- Rakudo Perl 6 seriously faster by Zoffix Znet.
- Search by Author by Zoffix Znet.
- Difference in listy grep by Zoffix Znet.
- Shiny new help by Zoffix Znet.
- Look what I got at TPC by brian d foy.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- Is that one argument or none for a Perl 6 block? by brian d foy
- Perl 6 variable same name different sigils inconsistent behavior by lisprogtor
- What space is significant in Perl 6? by brian d foy
- What’s the build script for a module distribution? by daxim
- Multiple versions of Rakudo Perl 6 using rakudobrew by Håkon Hægland
- Interpolate a variable into a regular expression by mmzz
- How can one assign an item contextualized
Arrayto a positional? by J Hall
- Is Perl 6’s uncuddled
elsea special case for statement separation? by brian d foy
- Installation of modules perl 6 failed – No compiler available for Perl v6.c by Daniel
- Why does
~affect Perl 6 junctions differently? by brian d foy
- Perl 6 support in Intelij. Is there any plugin for 6 version? by Daniel
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Hash pair? by ToddAndMargo.
- Memory leak or just normal usage in Rakudo Perl 6? by Gábor Szabó.
- How do you pipe to perl6? by ToddAndMargo.
splitand one liner problem by ToddAndMargo.
- Help me be greedy! by ToddAndMargo.
awk print subby ToddAndMargo.
- Another one liner by ToddAndMargo.
- Got me one too many p6’s by ToddAndMargo.
- Fedora’s plans for 2017.07 by ToddAndMargo.
- Need lib notify sub by ToddAndMargo.
- GLFW by Ryan S. Northrup.
- PrettyDump by brian d foy.
- Text::UpsideDown by Steve Nolte.
- HTML::Escape by moznion.
- App::Miroku by Ned Rihine.
- Chemistry::Elements by brian d foy.
- System::DiskAndUpdatesAlerts by Ramiro Encinas.
Alas, not a lot of that happening this week with The Perl Conference in Amsterdam. Yours truly hopes to see a lot of regular readers there and hear what thoughts they have on making the Perl 6 Weekly better! And if you can’t make it there, be sure to check out next week’s Perl 6 Weekly!