Yours truly is happy to announce that Roman Baumer and Matthias Bloch have become responsible for infrastructure issues in the Perl 6 Problem Solving repository, the place where the Perl 6 community reaches decisions on matters involving Rakudo Perl 6 that are not bugs.
Perl Weekly Challenge
Blog posts in Perl 6 for the Perl Weekly Challenge #7:
- A challenge of niven numbers and word ladders by Jo Christian Oterhals (Reddit comments).
- Niven Numbers and Word Ladders by Laurent Rosenfeld (Reddit comments).
- The Niven Ladder by Arne Sommer.
Challenge #8 is up for your perusal!
- Ticket status of the past week.
- Ben Davies fixed the inlining of
- Daniel Green fixed several compiler warnings in MoarVM.
- Several improvements that Ben Davies made to
ThreadPoolScheduler.cuewere finally merged. He also fixed some issues with the
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made
Iterable (<=) Hash2x faster (for object hashes) and 3x faster (for normal hashes).
- Brian S. Julin finally saw his colon list handling improvements merged into master.
- And some other other improvements and fixes.
Questions about Perl 6
- Why is adding methods to a type different than adding a sub or an operator? by Robert Lemmen.
- Zef fails to install
JSON::Fastwhen running in Travis with Docker by FlamingSquirrel.
- Why this
duckmapis blocking? by Antonio Gamiz Delgado.
- What does
serialdo? by Steve Roe.
- Sorting Hash by Values and using
- Search then replace with output of subroutine by iPherian.
Text::CSVsupported encodings by Valle Lukas.
- How to hack on installed module source? by cowbaymoo.
- What could be the reason that
requiredoesn’t work in some places? by sid_com.
- Introspection: how do we get the name of a class within a class? by JJ Merelo.
- How to make behave a pod saved in a variable like
$=pod? by sid_com.
Meanwhile on Facebook
- Downloads working again by Darren Duncan.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
Three weeks worth of messages on the perl6-user mailinglist:
- Help! Upgrade broke
pm6get mixed up by ToddAndMargo.
- RFE: module extension defaults by ToddAndMargo.
- Why so slow by ToddAndMargo.
- Precomp? by ToddAndMargo.
- How do I fix this
zeferror? by ToddAndMargo.
- Something happened to the chat line by ToddAndMargo.
- What is the proper way to path a module in a non-standard directory by ToddAndMargo.
- Library search path? by ToddAndMargo.
- Short term
zeffix by Simon Proctor.
- RFE: compiler bug to fix by ToddAndMargo.
pushpractice: misplaced semicolon creates list elements within array? by William Michels.
- Need help with a regex by ToddAndMargo.
libkvmbindings be useful to have? by Ben Davies.
LogP6not working as I expect by Patrick Spek.
- Which TELNET options need to be supported in
Net::Telnet? by Ben Davies.
- Valid values? by ToddAndMargo.
- Rakudobug failure? by Parrot Raiser.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- A nice trend by JJ Merelo.
- Mirrors by JJ Merelo.
- Highly-defective programmers by Perl Conferences.
- Don’t forget to sign up by Jeff Goff.
- No such thing by Brad Gilbert.
- Alpha release of
Cro::LDAPby Alexander Kiryuhin.
- Calling Rust straightforward by Mike Clarke.
- No faith by Trix Farrar.
- Apocryphia by JJ Merelo.
- Two Mentees by Patrick Spek.
- Selected me! by Antonio.
- Two so far by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Always something new by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Long random walk by Jamie Jennings.
- Seems fun and interesting by modula t. worm @ blfc.
- Easy by りひにー.
- Love Rust by chenyf.
- Latest jam by mempko.
- Do it in Perl 6 by 八雲アナグラ.
- When not on pain meds by Joelle Maslak.
- Haz them by Brett Gibson.
- Mixed in? by Takashi Kawasaki.
- New Dockers by JJ Merelo.
- And the new
zefby JJ Merelo.
- Alive and kicking! by H.Merijn Brand.
- Perl 6, Maybe? by MaMo.
- Then a big gap by @luqui.
- Very little effort by Jo Christian Oterhals.
- Looked at Perl 6? by Claudio Ramirez.
- Beat anyone by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Why, Github? by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Growing a Perl 6 by Douglas Creager.
- Actually code by JJ Merelo.
- Baking again by JJ Merelo.
- Friends by Sean Jensen-Gray.
- More Perl 6, please? by MaMo.
- Concurrency not so much by John Z. Li.
- Human friendly programming language by MaMo.
- Your BFF by MaMo.
- Coding isn’t hard by firebreathingduck.
- Wrote about it by Jo Christian Oterhals.
- Found a bug by Jo Christian Oterhals.
- Not entirely Perl 6? by Ben Welsh.
- Rakudo Star link changed by Shoichi Kaji.
- Change to faster Docker container? by JJ Merelo.
- Natural language by Stéphane Payrard.
- ৪ is 4 by Volleo.
- Revive pugs! by Adrian Sieber.
- Fan fic needed by poly 🚡.
- Sequence once by Joelle Maslak.
- More different by via900.
- Value style very much by H.Merijn Brand.
- Inspiration for fiction by Joelle Maslak.
- Extremely difficult by hotuta.
- Image will change by みやび.
- Compare solutions by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Lazy gather by Joelle Maslak.
- 22% less by The Perl Shop.
- Grammar for Netscape cookies by Olivier Mengué.
- Did the challenge for lols by Simon Proctor.
Perl 6 in comments
- An interesting one by cletus.
- Fairly awesome by dragonwriter.
- Equivalent to
- Like a natural language by olah_1.
- Pretty much made for that by Patrick Spek.
- Ternary in Perl 6 by a1369209993.
handlestrait by Moritz Lenz.
- Complete object encapsulation by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Lazy vs eager by Ralph Mellor.
- Marketed as a “Perl” event by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Nowadays? by marcosdumay.
- Productive way to learn by Ralph Mellor.
- All wrapped in grammar and parsing syntax by Ralph Mellor.
Perl 6 Modules
- Cro::LDAP::ASN::Plugin by Alexander Kiryuhin.
- Async::Workers by Vadim Belman.
- Podviewer by Luis F. Uceta.
- FindBin::Dirs by Steven Lembark.
- Net::Telnet by Ben Davies.
- Method::Also by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Term::Form, Term::Choose, Term::Choose::Util, Term::TablePrint by Matthäus Kiem.
- FindBin by Steven Lembark.
- GTK::V3, Pod::Render by Marcel Timmerman.
- Math::Polygons by Steve Roe.
- LibCurl by Curt Tilmes.
A bit of a quiet week. Pretty sure there will be more to report on next week. So please check in again!