Jonathan Worthington explains why he got a lump in his throat when he approved changing the name of “Perl 6” to “Raku”. Feelings that yours truly (like many others) only can share. (/r/perl, /r/perl6 comments). Andrew Shitov also shared his feelings about renaming the Perl 6 Programming Language (/r/perl6, Facebook comments).
Yanzhan Yang, a serial tech video uploader, has posted some more Perl 6 introductory videos on YouTube:
- Command Mode & Error Message.
- Function Part 1.
- Function Part 2.
- Function Part 3.
- NCurses – Basic Setup & Hello World.
- NCurses – Coordination System & getch Function.
- NCurses – Create an Animation.
- NCurses – Colors.
Faster Continuous Integration
Tony O’Dell has created a walk through on how to do Continuous Integration with Circle CI and Travis CI, using a Docker image.
The power of base
Shred_Alert describes the magic of
Perl Weekly Challenge #27
Blog posts with Perl 6 solutions for Challenge #27:
- Historical Intersection with Perl 6 by Arne Sommer.
- Perl Weekly Challenge 27: Intersection Point and Historical Values by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Jan-Olof Hendig fixed a few C-scoping issues in MoarVM and a potential segfault when closing STDIN.
- Stefan Seifert fixed a potential memory corruption issue with spesh plugins and Garbage Collection.
- Timo Paulssen fixed an interface problem between the profiler and Comma.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made it possible to subclass the
Proxy, allowing one to more easily create custom containers. And she sped up a lot of
- And some smaller fixes and improvements.
Questions about Perl 6
- How to know if returning an l-value when using
FALLBACK? by Greg Donald.
zef --verbose install Inline::Perl5, install fails by keegjk1.
Proxyobject for a hash? by Greg Donald.
gatherbe used to unroll
Junctions? by JJ Merelo.
- Assignment hyper operator for nested list doesn’t work as expected by Romario.
- Difference in capturing and non-capturing regex scope by guifa.
- Grammar to parse module specification by hythm.
- How to escape quotes in shell function? by Shniperson.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Because of the Weekly by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Can’t do it by Emanon.
- Just one article by JJ Merelo.
- Last talk by Simon Proctor.
- When it was called… by Greg Donald.
- Months of arguing by Steakback Outhouse.
- No matter by brian d foy.
- A tough sell by Matthew Honnibal.
- Stopping worrying by Andrew Shitov.
- No big deal by Joelle Maslak.
- Changed greatly by tadsanがみてる.
=~by Regular Expression.
- Not because of philosophy by Honey is literally cola.
- Famous example by Tim Hosgood.
- Smarter auto-complete by Jonathan Worthington.
- Table of multiplication by 가을별.
- Few new concepts by Stéphane Payrard.
- Give it a try! by Tyler Limkemann.
- Popular by ERA.
- Hyphens by オロナインC++.
- Have a go at it by JJ Merelo.
- Language with
Junctions? by JJ Merelo.
$x₁not valid by Joelle Maslak.
- Separate Squares by Ivan Bessarabov.
- Quite Interesting by 八雲アナグラ.
- A bit of a challenge by Simon Proctor.
- First solution by Mohammad S Anwar.
- No ORM? by 八雲アナグラ.
- Sane language by Antonio Nikishaev.
- Comma Complete 2019.09 released by Jonathan Worthington.
- MIA by Honey is literally cola.
Meanwhile on Facebook
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Anything faster than say
[+] lines? by Marc Chantreux.
MAINby Marc Chantreux.
- Rakudo Star update?! by Caitlin Gibbons.
- Perl 6 for web development by 星沉.
Perl 6 in comments
- No need to stop the world by yellowapple.
Perl 6 Modules
- File::Copy by Tom Browder.
- IRC::Client::Plugin::NickServ by Patrick Spek.
- Tomty, Tomtit by Alexey Melezhik.
- Archive::Libarchive by Fernando Santagata.
- ModelDB, Cofra by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- LibXML by David Warring.
- ORM::ActiveRecord by Greg Donald.
It appears there will be no Rakudo 2019.09 compiler release. Which makes sense since it’s almost October. Check out the Perl 6 Weekly next week for more news about this and many other things!