Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev has been ticketing away! The result can be seen in an overview of status changes in RT tickets of the past week or so. He explains it like this:
The high number of [REGRESSION] tickets is caused by the concentrated effort to detect any unintentional changes in Rakudo Perl 6. I extracted all messages to the evalbot (e.g. “
m:” on the
#perl6channel) from the last few years, and passed these code snippets to different versions of Rakudo Perl 6. These snippets were filtered by comparing the output and exit code, which resulted in a list of thousands of samples that produce different results on different versions. Most of these differences are due to bug fixes or other harmless reasons (e.g. current time being shown in the output), but there were some notable regressions. All regressions noticed during the manual inspection are now filed, and some of them are already resolved (with tests, of course). This is the second time we see dedicated effort to find otherwise hard-to-notice regressions, first time being in December 2016.
So it should be easier to keep the sanity of Rakudo Perl 6 in check!
One more TPCiA Rakudo Perl 6 Video
- Provision of
Sparrowdoby Alexey Melezhik.
- Perl turns 30 and its community continues to thrive by Ruth Holloway.
- 6lang Naming Proposal is Good by Yuki Kimoto.
- If Perl 6 is going to be renamed, consider naming it Gloria by dharmatech.
Meanwhile on Twitter
int32.newshouldn’t give you an
Intby Zoffix Znet.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- Show index while looping through a list by evb.
- What is the idiom for a chain of
Promises? by Yuriy Zhilovets.
- Multiple global regex or character substitutions by evb.
- Trans, hash, and character classes by evb.
trans(%h.keys => %h.values)by evb.
- Can’t set a
rwclass attribute by smonff.
- Regex variable and capturing groups by evb.
- Is it possible to create an attribute trait that sets a meta-attribute? by smonff.
DBIishis broken by chenyf.
- Passing operators as arguments by lisprogtor.
- Make code from string by evb.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Rakudo Perl 6 on USB key? by Philippe de Rochambeau.
- Error Handling with
IO::Socket.:Async::SLLby Martin Barth.
Meanwhile on PerlMonks
Lately, there have been some Rakudo Perl 6 related Meditations on PerlMonks. Yours truly feels they should be mentioned in the Perl 6 Weekly as well, although some troll hugging may be needed:
- Small Rakudo Perl 6 discoveries I,
- Small Rakudo Perl 6 discoveries IV, hash access by holli.
- Small Rakudo Perl 6 discoveries V, Sigils by holli.
This week will probably be the last time you will see the ecosystem additions mentioned in the Perl 6 Weekly. Thanks to Zoffix Znet and Aleks-Daniel Jakimenko-Aleksejev we will soon have a page on that will show the recent uploads to CPAN (the new preferred way putting your module out into the wild). So here goes for the last time:
- CommandLine::Usage by Jarkko Haapalainen.
- Operator::grandpa by holli-holzer.
- Scheduler::DRMAA by Vittore F. Scolari.
Being too tired to investigate the latest Core Developments of the past week, I will keep them from you until next week. Which will also coincide with the 2017.10 release of Rakudo Perl 6! So please check in again next week!