Carl Mäsak reports on the progress of 007, the toy language he is developing as a proving ground for full-blown Rakudo Perl 6
macro support. Check it out if you want to keep abreast of developments in this area. Or even better, want to help Carl and his compatriots in this effort!
The following advent blog posts flocked our way this week:
- Destructure your Arguments with Rakudo Perl 6 Signatures by Curt Tilmes.
- Five golden rings, Four calling birds, Three French hens, Two kinds of programmers?, And a book review in a Perl tree! (or Rakudo Tree? 😉 by Comborico (comments).
- Test All The Things by Jeff Goff.
- Adventures in NQP Land: Hacking the Rakudo Compiler by Tom Browder.
- HTTP and Web Sockets with
Croby Jonathan Worthington (comments).
- Wrapping Rats by Brian Duggan.
- All the Stars of Rakudo Perl 6, or
* ** *by Andrew Shitov.
- Bart Wiegmans fixed a problem in the JIT expression compiler that was tickled by multi-dimensional array slices.
- Samantha McVey improved the Unicode database compiler, aka
- Alex Chen and Paweł Murias worked on fixing an incorrect optimization of
- Zoffix Znet made some meta-operations on
Rats 30%-50% faster. He also fixed a generic issue with
- Elizabeth Mattijsen improved the inlinability of several internal methods. She also fixed
List.new, which would not decontainerize values when it should, and a bug in multidimensional slices that would not allow
Coolvalues as indices.
- Tom Browder fixed some more issues with regards to tables in
- And a lot of other smaller fixes and documentation and test additions.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Rakudo Perl 6 Solutions by Matt Creenan.
- Cro 0.7.2. is here by Zoffix Znet.
- Get 50% discount on
BailadoreBook by Perl Weekly.
cdr, but… by brian d foy.
- Comb for chars you want by Zoffix Znet.
- Positive reviews on Amazon by Moritz Lenz.
- Call For TPF volunteers by Perl Weekly.
- Написал про звездочки by Andrew Shitov.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- User-defined comparison function in
Setoperations by lisprogtor.
- How to functionally convert a nested hash to a list of records? by piojo.
- Why can’t I
tailthe result of a
tailon a list? by brian d foy.
- How to calculate alternating sum of digits of an integer? by Eugene Barsky.
- Rakudo Perl 6
Grammardoesn’t match like I think it should by mscha.
hashwith custom hashing function by piojo.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Self invoked anonymous functions with no outer scope? by Andy Bach.
%%with zero denominator by Sean McAfee.
Feels like the dark days before Christmas. With a lot of snow, at least for yours truly. Hoping to see everybody again next week for another scoop of Rakudo Perl 6 goodies!