Greetings from the city that will host The (European) Perl Conference this week. A lot colder and wetter than yours truly got used to the past 6 weeks. It takes a little getting used to.
FOSDEM 2019 – Call for Speakers
- Why I still think Camelia is a mistake by Benji.
- Small stuff #5: Gather around, it’s time to get lazy (…but why?) by Jo Christian Oterhals.
- The 100 Day Plan: The Update on Perl 6.d Preparations by Zoffix Znet.
- Small stuff #6: Century — a new name for a hundred-year language? by Jo Christian Otherhals.
- Building Cordova packages for UWP using VSTS and Sparrowdo by Alexey Melezhik.
- Perl 6 By Example by Benjamin Frady (Reddit comments).
More about that next week when yours truly is less tired.
Meanwhile on Twitter
ruleauto-complete by Jonathan Worthington.
- Materiel de promotion de Perl 6 by Mongueurs de Perl.
- Same thing in Perl 6 by Zoffix Znet.
- Interesting paper on
OSRby Jonathan Worthington.
- Obvious in hindsight by Jonathan Worthington.
- Writing single core apps is silly by Zoffix Znet.
- Happy? Or not so much? by Zoffix Znet.
- Not so random Perl 6 by Moritz Lenz.
- Toasting very widely by Zoffix Znet.
- Still makes my day by JJ Merelo.
- Marketing alias info by Zoffix Znet.
- Cpannican view by The Perl Shop.
- Interesting by Simon Proctor.
- Isn’t widespread enough to recommend by ryn1x.
Meanwhile on FaceBook
- Thank you by Wendy van Dijk.
- At Wacken by Wendy van Dijk.
- Nice series of blogs by Wendy van Dijk.
- Cloud Perl 6 Interpreter by Chris Jack.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
$*DISTROvalues for testing by JJ Merelo.
- Changing a class variable from outside the class by JJ Merelo.
- List repetition (
xx) without evaluation? by Jo King.
- Why Rakudo Star for Windows still compiled/linked for exact FS locaton (c:\rakudo)? by gapsf.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
- Force integers in an array? by ToddAndMargo.
- string to integer? by ToddAndMargo.
- Why use
ddto convert a string to an integer? by ToddAndMargo.
- RE: return code? by Mark Devine.
- Is there a limit to a
s/? by ToddAndMargo.
Data::Dump::Treemaintenance by JJ Merelo.
- Making sure Perl 6 is in all of the Wikipedia examples articles by Benji.
- Special token names, or my mistake by yary.
Perl 6 in comments
- A piece of sample code by athenot.
- Already taken by Roboprog.
- Fibonacci sequence, with cache by Zoffix Znet.
- Fix it permanently. Like Perl 6 by kamaal.
- So many cool things by Mutant321.
- Subclassing a grammar – a bit crazy by dan-robertson.
- Future versions of macro’s by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- From a Perl 67 flyer by grokify.
- Without having to parse “another language” by setr.
- Similar to Perl 6 by hpcjoe.
- Fun Fact by Dave Rolsky.
Perl 6 Modules
- DateTime::DST, GetOpt::ForClass, Amazon::DynamoDB by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- CamelPub by Don Park.
- Test::HTTP::Server by Simon Proctor.
- MeCab by Itsuki Toyota.
- PDF::Class, HTML::Canvas by David Warring.
- Digest::BubbleBabble by Ben Davies.
- Async::Command by Mark Devine.
- Sparrowdo::VSTS::YAML::Cordova by Aleksei Melezhik.
As predicted last week, this week’s Perl 6 Weekly is slightly later and smaller than usual. Hopefully next week yours truly will have more time while feeling better. So, see you next week!