After a long trans-European journey, yours truly arrived to Cluj for the YAPC::Europe. Without a lot of time to spend on the Perl 6 Weekly. So, this time, only a small Perl 6 Weekly. Hope I didn’t miss too much!
Rakudo Compiler Release 2016.08.1
Zoffix Znet worked very hard on the Rakudo 2016.08 Compiler Release, but he botched a tag, so now we have a Rakudo 2016.08.1 Compiler Release. I’m pretty sure we will have a new Rakudo Star release based on this Compiler Release pretty soon!
It has been a while since Leon Timmermans worked on the Perl 6 version on
TAP, which allows tests (such as running with
make spectest) to use Perl 6 itself to run the test-files, rather than Perl 5. For the first time, this actually completed flawlessly for yours truly in the past week:
All tests successful.
Files=1118, Tests=52595, 336 wallclock secs
Again a step closer to providing the whole tool-chain in Perl 6!
Some of the core developments of the past week that made it into the 2016.08.1 release:
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made several
SetHashrelated coercions between 40x and 300x faster.
- Jonathan Worthington fixed quite a lot of async stability issues.
- Stefan Seifert fixed another set of pre-compilation issues, this time related to development versions of files.
- Zoffix Znet added support for a
PERL6_TEST_DIE_ON_FAILenvironment variable that will stop testing after the first failed test.
- And many other smaller fixes and improvements, of course!
And the blog posts keep on coming!
- nqp-js Update by Paweł Murias.
- Base Conversion by Dana Jacobsen (Reddit comments).
- Sparrowdo automation – Part 6 – Sparrowdo modules – getting a bigger things using light primitives. by Alexey Melezhik.
- A Python Guy In Perl 6 Land – Part 2 – itertools by Aaron Sherman.
- A Slang For Routing by bdmatatu.
- What Are The Special Cases In Perl 6? by Aaron Sherman.
- I Botched a Perl 6 Release And Now a Robot Is Taking My Job by Zoffix Znet.
- Vim As A Perl 6 Editor by Claudio Ramirez.
- Please test – first release of syntastic-perl6, a vim syntax checker by Claudio Ramirez.
- Concurrency Bug Squishing – Part 1 by Jonathan Worthington.
Quite a nice selection again!
- Sparrowdo::Cpm by Alexey Melezhik.
- Acme::Sudoku by Pierre Vigier.
- Texas::To::Uni by Altai-man.
- Sparrowdo::Nginx by Alexey Melezhik.
- Sparrowdo::Sparrow::Update by Alexey Melezhik.
- Printer::ESCPOS by Shantanu Bhadoria.
- CompUnit::Search by Shantanu Bhadoria.
- PKCS5 by Marcel Timmerman.
Time to get some sleep before all the stuff starts happening in Cluj!