Meanwhile in the Far East
Audrey Tang, the original creator of Pugs (an earlier implementation of Perl 6 using Haskell), has been appointed as a minister without portfolio in the Taiwanese government. I think it is safe to say that the entire Perl community wishes her all the best in this new endeavour! Each time one does a spectest, remember that the The Official Perl 6 Test Suite was started as part of the Pugs project!
eqvhas become a lot faster.
.firston a list of
Pairs with a
- Signatures that have both slurpy parameters and defaults, are no longer allowed (they should never have been).
RAKUDO_EXCEPTIONS_HANDLERenvironment variable can now be set to
JSONto have errors appear as a JSON stream on STDERR.
- Control commands such as
returnare no longer allowed at the top level of the REPL.
.splitno longer work on handles that were opened in
:binmode (at least until we’ve figured out sustainable semantics of this functionality).
IO::Handle.slurp-restnow supports a
:closeflag that will close the handle if so requested.
- And of course many other smaller optimizations and (documentation) improvements.
- Damianware by Dave Cross.
- Cultured Perl by Dave Cross.
- Welcome To Cultured Perl by Dave Cross.
- YAPC::Europe 2016 by Salvador Fandiño.
- Traffic Stats of r/perl6 by raiph.
nginxusing sparrowdo and Sparrowdo::Nginx Perl6 module by Alexey Melezhik.
- Any Good Libraries For Parsing RSS? by bstamour.
nginxfrom the source using Sparrowdo tool by Alexey Melezhik (with Reddit comments).
- OEIS core in Perl 6 – Math, Unicode and lots of fun! by Aaron Sherman.
- Open Source Projects – When Ideas Meet Reality by Zoffix Znet.
- You Wouldn’t Believe What I Saw At YAPC::EU by Steve Mynott (With Reddit comments).
- Things I learned at the European Perl Conference 2016 in Cluj by Thomas Klausner.
Quite a nice crop again this week:
- DOM::Tiny by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- python::itertools by Armand Halbert.
- SCRAM by Marcel Timmerman.
- Sparrowdo::RemoteFile by Alexey Melezhik.
- Sparrowdo::Archive by Alexey Melezhik.
- Math::Sequences by Aaron Sherman.
- Numeric::Pack by Sam Gillespie.
- SPEC::Func by Zoffix Znet.
It has been a busy week for yours truly with all the travelling and conference attending and socializing and sleep depriving. I hope I didn’t miss too many important things. If you think I did, let me know and we’ll let the world know the next week. Until then!