- Perl 6 on Jupyter by Brian Duggan.
- The Dynamo After Diffie
Extending Disco-Era Crypto For Ubiquitous Secure Frameworking With Integral Mathematics (with Perl 6) by James Ellis Osborne III.
- Recycle Parsers With Grammar::Common in Perl 6 by Jeff Goff.
Of course, there will also be a Perl booth at FOSDEM 2018 with all sorts of free goodies such as stickers, tuits and promo leaflets. And Perl books, both Perl 5 and Perl 6, available to you at cost. Please come and visit FOSDEM, it’s big, it’s crowded, it’s in Brussels and it’s free!
- Zoffix Znet has been doing a lot in the past week. He made coercers of the type
Int:D()(aka type-smileys) parse correctly, so they now work. He also fixed issues when hypering over a
Buf, and made chainable operators 2.6x faster (
42 < $a < 666used to be slower than
42 < $a && $a < 666).
- Itsuki Toyota made sure that the type-smileys were immediately used in a lot of the Rakudo Perl 6 source code to improve error messaging on faulty input with type objects.
- Bart Wiegmans fixed some memory leaks in MoarVM.
- Nick Logan improved the
CompUnit::Repository::FileSystem(aka CURFS) and
CompUnit::Repository::Installation(aka CURI) objects.
- Moritz Lenz made
Proc.statusa read-only attribute, which it should have been from the beginning. He also improved the LTA error message when trying to interpolate a hash into a
- Jeremy Studer made sure that negated chained operators work correctly.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made creation of
DateTimeobjects 1.6x faster. She also fixed
.skip(*-3), which was documented to work, but didn’t.
- And many other smaller fixes and improvements.
- Assuming roles by JJ Merelo.
- The Beginnings of the
Grammarby Andrew Shitov.
1 + 2 * 3 = 9by Andrew Shitov.
- Tracking down the
saycalls by Andrew Shitov.
- Tree Surgery by Jeff Goff.
- Variants of
sayby Andrew Shitov.
- Unifying the implementation of
sayby Andrew Shitov.
- Hidden gems of Perl.com by David Farrell.
- Parameterised roles by Andrew Shitov.
- Implementing negative array subscripts by Andrew Shitov.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Catching Up by brian d foy.
- Regexes can have arguments by brian d foy.
LEAVEdead handy by Zoffix Znet.
ifblocks can take signatures by Zoffix Znet.
- GitHub Perl 6 highlighting by Zoffix Znet.
- Poor man’s logger, anyone? by Zoffix Znet.
- 2018 StackOverflow Developer Survey by brian d foy.
Meanwhile on StackOverflow
- Cannot install
zefby Eugene Barsky.
- Clear screen while using
Readlinemodule by Eugene Barsky.
- Not able to serve
jupyternotebooks in binder by Suman Khanal.
- How to pass a class
methodas argument to another method of the class by BhaskarS.
- Passing methods as arguments by BhaskarS.
- Why do unicode quotes appear around a regex capture? by Betta George.
Grammara bit too greedy by JJ Merelo.
- Mixed-in object variables available in mixed-in
roledeclaration by JJ Merelo.
rolesignature in mixins by JJ Merelo.
Meanwhile on FaceBook
- Suman Khanal:
Now Code-runner supports executing Perl 6 scripts in Visual Studio Code. Write a script and execute with the shortcut: Ctr+Alt+N
It was a week with a lot of people on well deserved holidays. But still a lot happened in the Rakudo Perl 6 world. So this is promising for the coming week. See you then again? And be safe!