You know the conference season is really starting again when Damian Conway is leaving the winter in his lovely Australia to go out in the world to give presentations and tutorials! On 19 June, he will give the Perl 6 – Transparadigm Programming 101 Tutorial in Orlando, Florida, at the venue of the The Perl Conference. Then, the next day, he will give the Keynote. And then a week later, in Toronto, Canada, he will give two presentations: Perl 6 – More Concurrency, Less Contusion on 27 June, and On The Shoulders Of Giants – 400 Years Of Perl 6 on 28 June. The tutorial is not free, the Keynote is (if you’re attending
The Perl Conference, that is). And for the two presentations in Toronto, you just have to show up (well, after
RVSPing yourself)! If you haven’t seen TheDamian in action before, this is your chance!
All You Wanted To Know About Running Perl 5 In Perl 6, But Were Afraid To Ask
The video of Stefan Seifert‘s excellent “Perl 5 and Perl 6 a great team” presentation from the German Perl Workshop this year, has become available. If you don’t have enough time to watch the video (which would be a pity, but there you go), you could also take a look at the associated Reddit comments, or browse the slides.
More German Perl Workshop Videos
It turns out more Perl 6 related videos from the German Perl Workshop have become available:
- Domain modeling and the real world by Carl Mäsak
- Perl 6 – Eine Einführung (German) by Tobias Leich
- Perl 5.26 – Ideen für die große Schwester von Perl 6 (German) by Martin Becker
- A look behind the curtains – module loading in Perl 6 by Stefan Seifert
Not too much to see, but there is some nice work going on in MoarVM that is just waiting to land!
Hash.keyofnow properly returns
Anyvalue, coerce to
Strand use that for the key).
List.newis now about 4x as fast, iterating over a
Listis now 10% faster.
Zoffix at it again!
- Perl 6 Hands-On Workshop: Weatherapp (Part 2) by Zoffix Znet
- Perl 6 Hands-On Workshop: Weatherapp (Part 3) by Zoffix Znet
- The Papa Of Perl (2015 LinuxVoice article) by Ben Everard
Quite a nice catch this week!
- Weather by Rajkumar Reddy
- Terminal::Width by Zoffix Znet
- Test::Notice by Zoffix Znet
- GTK::Simpler by Ahmad M. Zawawi
- Aria by Rajkumar Reddy
- P6W (renamed from P6SGI) by Sterling Hanenkamp
- Algorithm::Tarjan by Richard Hainsworth
- Movieinfo by Rajkumar Reddy
- Digest::MurmurHash3 by yowcow
- IO::TailFile by Shoichi Kaji
Still low on energy, so no gem searching just yet. Be sure to check again next week!