While packing for travel homeward bound, a short Perl 6 Weekly from Orlando, FL again. The Perl Conference 2016 is over and all of the videos (except this one and this one) are now online. Here’s a list of the (perhaps vaguely) to Perl 6 related ones:
- Introducing Prancer, a Web Framework for Perl 6 by Jeffrey Goff.
- Why Did They Do That? by Bruce Gray.
- Perl 6 and the Zen of Erlang by Ben Tyler.
- On The Shoulders Of Giants by Damian Conway.
- Perl 6 For Beginners (Part 1) by Patrick Michaud.
- Perl 6 For Beginners (Part 2) by Patrick Michaud.
- Staying “in the flow” — Damian Conway’s VIM as a Perl IDE by Damian Conway (with reddit comments).
- Static Analysis and Perl by Stevan Little.
- Larry Wall Q&A by Ruth Bavousett.
- Basic OO In Perl 6 by Davy Rolsky.
- Utiaji – Building an Application Specific Web Server in Perl 6 by Brian Duggan.
- Becoming A Polyglot by Kirsten Hunter.
- A Million Billion Squiggly Characters by Ricardo Signes.
- Future Of Perl Performance by Will Braswell.
Mapwasn’t considered a value type (which it should be, as it is immutable), and
MixHashwere (which they shouldn’t be). This is now corrected.
- The pod in
Test.pm6now refers to the language/testing section of the Perl 6 documentation.
- Bind failures, e.g. because of
is rw, now mention that reason for failure also, thanks to Timo Paulssen.
- Rakudo Perl 6 continues to build on Perl 5.10, thanks to Zoffix Znet.
- Handling of
Muin the REPL is corrected thanks to Salvador Ortiz.
- And many other, smaller and larger optimizations.
- Exploiting Perl 6 Code From Down The Dependency Chain by Zoffix Znet.
- Variables In Regexes, How Are We Supposed To Do This? by Aaron Sherman.
- The Fifth Element (of YAPC) by Buddy Burden (“amazing breadth and depth of Perl 6 info”).
Gems From The Backlog
And now, homeward bound! See you next week!