Yet another branch on the excellent tree of Naoum Hankache‘s Perl 6 Introduction translations has materialised thanks to the hard work of Breno de Oliveira! So, if Portuguese is your native tongue, you can get introduced to Perl 6 even easier now.
Perl 6 Modules on CPAN – The PSIXDISTS Experiment
In a few weeks, Matt Trout will be starting the PSIXDISTS Experiment (Reddit) AKA uploading Perl 6 module distributions to PAUSE. The initial phase of this should allow CPAN to be used as a content storage for Perl 6 modules without interfering with any of the systems that use CPAN (such as Meta::CPAN and search.cpan.org). Exciting times!
A relatively quiet week.
- Arne Skjærholt has finally merged his long running branch that improves on the efficiency of storing precedence on operators.
- Stefan Seifert yet again came with a bunch of repository / pre-compilation improvements that showed an improvement of 30% upto 8x in some benchmarks.
- Jonathan Worthington fixed a long-standing bug with regards to missing backtraces for errors in
- Plus many other smaller bug fixes, improvements in error messages and efficiency improvements.
- Rakudo Performance and Reliability Grant Progress Report by Jonathan Worthington.
- Introducing Terminal::Print by John Haltiwanger.
- One line of unicode at you fingertips by Wenzel P. P. Peppmeyer.
- Backseat YAPC::EU by Herbert Breunung.
- YAPC Europe 2016 by Dave Cross.
- Overkill III – Permutations Of Overkill by Dave Jacoby.
- YAPC::EU::2016. Fun in Transylvania by Job van Achterberg.
- Fun With Fizzbuzz by bdmatatu.
- The Obligations Of Perl by Maxfield Lehman.
- Started learning perl 6, some syntax seem odd by solpaadjustmadisar.
- Death by Perl 6 – Slightly less basic Perl6 module management by Nick Logan.
- Alpine Perl Workshop 2016 by Thomas Klausner.
- Perl 6 At The Alpine Perl 6 by brian d foy.
- Create OS packages for Rakudo Perl 6 using Docker by Claudio Ramirez.
- Perl6 One Liner Install Tests by Eduardo Capanema.
The Alpine Perl Workshop saw some people starting on implementing Perl 6 modules. Looking forward to seeing them appear in the ecosystem in the coming weeks!
- Terminal::Print by John Haltiwanger.
- Binary::Structured by Adrian Kreher.
- TXN::Remarshal by Andy Weidenbaum.
It’s been an interesting week yet again. If yours truly now only could find the time to have some vacation 🙂