Most of the past week’s changes made it into the compiler release!
- Jan-Olof Hendig fixed an issue with adverbs not working on
- Jonathan Worthington fixed a memory leak involving
EVALand a multi-dispatch cache unbounded growth bug involving calls with many named arguments.
- Daniel Green made sure unicode digits can now be used with
$١), quote pairs (
:۳), negative numbers (
-١), and radix bases (
- Zoffix Znet fixed
!!!yadas not working to stub classes. He also fixed an issue with
.treenot calling the correct candidate.
- Rob Hoelz fixed tab-completion issues with non-identifiers in the REPL. He also made sure that
LEFT/RIGHT DOUBLE PARENTHESIScharacters can now be used with q and other quoting constructs.
- Timo Paulssen fixed an issue when
NativeCallstructures were set up concurrently and an issue in the optimizer with unhandled
- Stefan Seifert has worked a lot on
Inline::Perl5making some benchmarks about 2x as fast.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made
Buf.reverseabout 1.5x as fast, auto-threading (calling a
subwith a junction as a parameter) about 10% faster, and
List.reverseabout 5% faster. She also fixed an issue with
- And many others smaller fixes, better error messages and optimizations.
- Perl 6 Core Hacking – Wrong Address; Return To Sender by Zoffix Znet.
- Perl – Language, Community, and the Future by Navrup Johal.
- The Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Perl 6 by Jeffrey Goff.
- Perl6.Fail, Release Robots, and Other Goodies by Zoffix Znet.
- IRC::Client::Plugin::UserPoints by Julien Simonet.
- Heap by Fernando Correa de Oliveira.
- FileSystem::Capacity by Ramiro Encinas.
- Data::MessagePack by Pierre Vigier.
- Algorithm::LBFGS by Itsuki Toyota.
- Geo::IP2Location::Lite by Lee Johnson.
That’s it again for this week. Please tune in again next week!