Aaron Sherman would like to see many standard integer number sequences to be part of the Math::Sequences module. He would like to see that so much, that it’s now decided that it will be the goal of the next Squashathon (5-7 July). See you there! (Facebook comments).
Coding with a full toolset
Damian Conway was again inspired by the Perl Weekly Challenge to write a blog post about the complete toolkit of Perl 6, with the motto:
“All the right tools, right at hand.”
Recommended reading, as always!
JJ Merelo set up another yearly Perl 6 User Survey. Please answer the questions you feel comfortable with if you have any interest in Perl 6 at all! You can also check last year’s results (Facebook comments).
Grant Committee members
Will Coleda is still looking for new Grant Committee members. The basic work is to review Grant proposals for Perl work every 2 months, discuss and vote on them. Also asked to be Grant managers occasionally, talking with and reporting on folks doing Grant work. Interested? Contact Will Coleda.
Linker for Perl 6
Madeleine Goebel again reported on her GSOC progress in Building an ELF File, in which she describes her struggles to grok the intricacies of the ELF Header.
Perl Weekly Challenge
Blog posts in Perl 6 for the Perl Weekly Challenge #12:
- The Perl Weekly Challenge 012 Entries by Aaron Sherman (Reddit comments).
- Perl Weekly Challenge # 12: Euclid’s Numbers and Directories by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- The Euclid Path with Perl 6 by Arne Sommer.
- Perl Weekly Challenge 12 – Euclid Numbers by Joelle Maslak.
- Perl Weekly Challenge – 012 by Mark Senn.
Challenge #13 is up for your perusal!
- Ticket status of the past week.
- Tobias Boege fixed the associativity of exponentiation in NQP.
- Patrick Böker made sure that Rakudo’s core
CompUnit::Repositorywill be in its own directory.
- Vadim Belman fixed a problem with imports getting containerized in some situations.
- Peter du Marchie van Voorthuysen fixed an issue with
- Daniel Green fixed some methods that returned
- Timo Paulssen fixed a problem with
Datearithmetic with specially formatted
- Christian Bartolomäus fixed a problem with Rakudo on the JVM backend, that was similarly fixed by Ben Davies for NQP.
- And some more improvements and fixes in anticipation of the 2019.06 release.
Questions about Perl 6
- Develop GUI in Windows? by Bluesir Chen.
- Natural Language Processing in Perl 6 by apersons.
- What would you use Perl 6 for today? by Quora (Facebook comments).
Meanwhile on Twitter
- The same, why? by Yohan J. Rodríguez.
- No fallthrough by Brad Gilbert.
- First in Haskell by Brad Gilbert.
- What happened to … by Karuta compiler (Scripting language for HLS).
- Handy is-prime by Joelle Maslak.
- Jump to 6 by Greg Heo.
- Chinese Version! by chenyf.
- A great fit by Jo Christian Oterhals.
- Easier? by Solomon Foster.
- On Wireless interfaces by Khaled 🐫, 🐧& 🦋.
- A better metric? by The Perl Shop.
- Taiwanese editions by brian d foy.
- State by Claude Metz.
- Cursed? by cms, this hard gemlike flame.
- New! Typegraph by Antionio.
- Back to green by JJ Merelo.
- A moment by Ian McKellar, Immigrant.
- Only 6 more! by Jeff Goff.
- Finally… by Simon Proctor.
- Full-width by 徳永広夢.
- Converting dates by Tommy Stanton.
- Full E-book by 24 Brasil.
- Survey by Tyil.
- Interested… by wata.
- IRC bot for the broken commit by xtreak.
- Questionnaire! by Alexander Kiryuhin.
- Still spreading FUD by Konstantin S. Uvarin.
- LOL by @luqui.
- Perl 6 in a nutshell? by Suman Khanal.
- Perfect for Arabic by Khaled 🐫, 🐧& 🦋.
- Good at this stuff! by ryn1x.
- One-liners by trumpathon.
- At @esLibre by Antonio.
- Perl 6 interpolation in Haskell by monnef.
- Integrating with Perl 5 by JJ Merelo.
- Concurrency and math that work by jazzy scripter.
- Highlights by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Semantics by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Haz a REPL by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Irrationally floating by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Testing sample code from docs? by ryn1x.
- Cute use of 「 」 by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Optional parens by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
!!by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Feels yuckier by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
$/match object by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Multiple match with separator by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- No multi by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Parameter coercion by myrrhlin @ perlcon pgh.
- Highly recommended by Khaled 🐫, 🐧& 🦋.
- Pure Perl 6 plugins by Alexey Melehzik.
- Iterative not always bad by Joelle Maslak.
Datetypes by Simon Proctor.
- Grammatically refreshing by 陳建勳.
- FORTRAN can do math by Patrick Spek.
- Three so far by Mohammad S Anwar.
- Especially Perl 6 by Ego Sung.
- Please, please! by JJ Merelo.
- Only correct Unicode by Ian Phillips.
Meanwhile on perl6-users
s///r? by Marc Chantreux.
- I need one liner module import help by ToddAndMargo.
Complexbehavior by Sean McAfee.
Perl 6 in comments
- Fearmongering by type0.
- Only need to do … by Elizabeth Mattijsen.
- Many differences by gjm11.
- With bignums by jxy.
Perl 6 Modules
- QM by Luis F. Uceta.
- App::MoarVM::ConfprogCompiler by Timo Paulssen.
- Pod::Load by JJ Merelo.
- ProcStats, FindBin, FileSystem::Parent, FindBin::libs by Steven Lembark.
- Archive::Libarchive by Fernando Santagata.
- Smack by Sterling Hanenkamp.
- Ranker by Luis F. Uceta.
- Term::Choose by Matthäus Kiem.
- JSON::Fast by Timo Paulssen.
- Gnome::Glib, Gnome::N, Gnome::Gdk3, Gnome::GObject, Gnome::Gtk3 by Marcel Timmerman.
- Getopt::Long by Leon Timmermans.
- Pod::To::Man by Mike Clarke.
- XML::Class by Jonathan Stowe.
- Data::Dump::Tree by Nadim Khemir.
Not too shabby considering many core devs were away this week. Please check again next week for more Perl 6 news!
3 thoughts on “2019.24 Sequences of Int”
Just noticed the link to Challenge 012 actually pointing to Challenge 011.
Thanks for the report! Fixed now!
I noticed that the perl6.org “recent blog posts” are not updated any more with these blog posts. Is this known to you? The last “recent blog post” is from week 20 🙂