JJ Merelo is the proud writer of the latest Perl 6 book: Perl 6 Quick Syntax Reference: A Pocket Guide to the Language, the Core Modules, and the Community. A book packed with useful information and a must-have for any developer new to Perl 6. Highly recommended! (Safari).
Sub as method
Perspective and FALLBACK
Even More Video Tutorials
Yanzhan Yang, a serial tech video uploader, yet again has posted more Perl 6 introductory videos on YouTube:
- NCurses – Sub-Windows.
- NCurses – Drawing Menus.
- NCurses – Mouse Event.
- NCurses – Panels.
- NCurses – More About Panels.
- NCurses – Forms.
- NCurses – Menu API.
- NCurses – Menu With Windows.
- NCurses – Menu With Multiple Columns.
- NCurses – Menu With Multiple Selections.
- NCurses – Menu With Colors.
- NCurses – The Final Demo.
- Beginners Tutorial – Conditionals And Loops.
Getting more amazing every week!
Perl Weekly Challenge #28
Blog posts with Perl 6 solutions for Challenge #28:
- Perl Weekly Challenge 28: File Type and Digital Clock by Laurent Rosenfeld.
- Perl 6 Binary Clock by Arne Sommer.
Challenge #29 is up for your perusal.
- Ben Davies saw his work of the past months on improving hostname resolution (which is part of his IP6NS grant) finally merged.
- Stefan Seifert fixed an issue in the profiler that could cause a segfault.
- Daniel Green fixed an issue in the profiler with exclusive times potentially underflowing.
- Jan-Olof Hendig fixed an initialization issue caught with valgrind.
- Elizabeth Mattijsen made all of the
Buf.write-methods return the invocant, for easier chaining. And added support for calling these methods on
Buftype objects, for easier creation of
Bufs from scratch.
- And some smaller fixes and improvements.
Questions about Perl 6
- Hardware Description Languages? by HeriHiraLal.
- Why no
eachmethod on sequences? by Sean.
- Scalar value being affected after
push, or not… by ozzy.
- Enumeration (enum) in Perl 6 by Shin Takezou.
PATHin Azure pipelines by Suman Khanal.
Meanwhile on Twitter
- Naturally by Alexander Kiryuhin.
- Saves some time by Jeff Goff.
- Almost no code by Joelle Maslak.
- Tried regex? by chenyf.
- Found the killer app! by Steve Scaffidi.
- True for Perl 6 by Tyler Limkemann.
- To some extent by Andrew Shitov.
- Concerned by 八雲アナグラ.
- Recognizing RED by Jonathan Worthington.
- Just saying by gregor herrmann.
- Topical by Ross Campbell III.
- Present ideas by @doomyflo@framapiaf.
- Sounding cool by Intruder 色.
- Touching by Koo(くー) 🎧.
- If you’re worried… by e^iπ+1.
- Avoided pain by Joe Schottman.
- Almost as helpful by Adrian White.
- Shuffle it! by Simon Proctor.
- Losing positive connotations by Tom Ryder.
- One ORM by Simon Proctor.
- Stalled a lot by 沼Utsubo.
- Correcting typo’s by Code Review SE.
- Feels consistent by Rebecca Turner.
- The story by Yoshiya/肩/ひのさわ.
- Most loved by Mark Rushing.
- Curious about by Alfonso E. Romero 🇪🇺.
- For beginners by Tesla Ice Zhang.
- Most loved by Jeff Goff.
- Well organized format by Мир Книг.
- #rakulang by Alexey Melezhik.
- Totally hate by larken.
- Want to see by Joelle Maslak.
- Most loved by B1ff B1ff.
- Hope Larry is doing ok by Ben Milliron.
- Most loved by Trey Harris.
- Most loved by Rebecca Turner.
DateTimemakes it easier by Joelle Maslak.
- Most loved and best for beginners by MaMo.
- Should be non-existent by HS.
- Enjoyed playing by Peter Baylies.
- Most loved by Christopher E. Stith.
- Totally dislike by Jik ⨳ Professional Amateur℠.
- Most loved by JJ Merelo.
- Workshop on NativeCall by सुमन खनाल 🇳🇵.
- Convenient prompt by 八雲アナグラ.
- Easy to read by 八雲アナグラ.
- Most loved by Chris Jack.
- Curious about by Undefined Behaviour.
- Macros for this? by Danny McClanahan (the artist).
- That would be… by Garrett Wollman.
- Had difficulties by Yorozuya_Javi ^_^.
- Most loved by isomorphismes.
- Most loved and for beginners by Fernando Corrêa de Oliveira.
- Most loved and most used by Mrofnet.
- Needs a few more years by Mrofnet.
- Most loved by Keiven Tripoli.
- Most loved and most excited by Tyler Limkemann.
- The little boy is out by JJ Merelo.
- Most loved and for beginners by सुमन खनाल 🇳🇵.
- Still want it by David Pardo.
- More idiomatic at LPW by The Perl Shop.
- Next to try by ivxenog.
- Seems like a mistake by Oscar Triano.
- What happened? by Tito.
- Set/Bag on a ResultSeq by Fernando Corrêa de Oliveira.
- Jumped to #8! by JJ Merelo.
- Move out of home by Dean Hamstead.
Meanwhile on Facebook
Perl 6 in comments
- Had to learn that lesson by orev.
- rurban writes by Pete Sergeant.
- Not really abandoned by Reini Urban.
Perl 6 Modules
- XML::Actions by Marcel Timmerman.
- Game::Sudoku by Simon Proctor.
- Console::Blackjack, ORM::ActiveRecord by Greg Donald.
- Algorithm::LibSVM by Itsuki Toyota.
- LibXML by David Warring.
- ModelDB by Sterling Hanenkamp.
A quiet week, with one more week to go on voting on the rename of Perl 6. See you all next week with more news about the Perl 6 Programming Language!